Saturday, June 15, 2019

Homelessness

  Hey everyone! Been so long I’ve come to write and talk to you guys! I miss it, just haven’t had the chance nor had anything to write about till now I guess. But here we go, and no this is not me complaining or any of that stuff at all whatsoever. It’s just something that I’ve noticed lately since I live in a touristic city/area. In hopes something can be done about this. Yes I live in Las Vegas, NV.

  Lately when I go out to enjoy my self with my boyfriend around Fremont St. (downtown area) Even at Las Vegas BLVD (the strip) I’ve noticed a lot of homeless people around harassing tourists and locals alike. Which I think/believe is not okay at all. Security/Police aren’t doing so much about that at all. Tourists feel uncomfortable that more more often than not most homeless people harass them for “money” or things of that nature. More often than not most homeless people look and smell really bad, and that makes the city and turistic areas look bad, and makes tourists leave and not come back, as well as it makes anyone feel unsafe. Many people feel unsafe and harassed by some homeless people more often than not. My self as well being a local I feel unsafe more often than not in my own city because of it. No I’m not saying all homeless people are at fault because of it. What I’m saying here is more often them homeless people that do harass people is not ok at all. Some of those homeless people pass out on the corner or “hidden” areas where no onecan “see” them. And because of it because of homelessness around l, many areas look trashed and uncleaned, looks nasty and smelly. I feel is unfair in that sense. Me being a local I probably notice that more ofte, and it makes it look ugly rather than pretty. Las Vegashas changed for the worse not the better. Perhaps I’mcoming as a complainer rather than something else. But how is it that the city/county cannot do something about that. Come on Las Vegas!! Your a turistic citywide area. Do something about that! Make your turists feel welcome and safe rather than unsafe and harassed. Make everyone feel like they belong and make them feel like they can come and have a good time rather like like they can’t. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Eiy5fqzno-lZZLcNBS38a5rc5jla5_FJ

No comments:

Post a Comment